Friday, October 10, 2008

Our new friend


If we could all just be a little more translucent, we could glow like our friend, the mini lobster. When I was painting him I just wanted to get on a dance floor. Recently, I was on a dance floor with a dear friend. It became clear that my favorite song to dance to these days is one called 'Rhythm is a dancer." Have you heard it? It was determined by my friend that one day I might have a pet, and I could name this pet "Rhythm is a dancer." I would like to do that. However, I do not think I will have a pet for a very long time because I don't want one. For now, I would like to give this lobster, who was a temporary pet, and is now probably dead, but who is not dead to me because he lives in this painting, "Rhythm is a dancer." And for the record, if anyone ever listens to that song while looking at this painting under a black light, Riad (for short) will glow a little.

No comments: