Monday, September 22, 2008

"I am so obsessed with this"


Meet Adam, the soon to be father of the post, post studio practice. He was quoted as being 'so obsessed with the blog' when I was attending Chrissy's (friend and patron) birthday party this last weekend. I find happiness in that.
I found myself talking about the painting a lot. I think it was a slow night for me, where it was best to stick to the facts. What do you do? 'Oh me? I am painting a still life for that guy over there sitting on the couch.'
Things got frisky when someone was courageous enough to access the blog on their iPhone. All bad feelings about Steve Jobs aside (besides, I have to be reasonable-- he stepped down, so he might have NOT RECEIVED my emails, mail art, and invitations, and thus THAT was why he hasn't responded) I felt like a celebrity having my bad renaissance painting all up in the party's digital landscape!


So, to all you empty walls out there, soon there will be an end to this loneliness and monotony! We will all find something beautiful and we will pound it into our surfaces, and we will be full. This might just be one painting, but to me it is a start of a revolution!

No comments: